Could you create a Facebook fundraiser to raise money and support for the Anal Cancer Foundation? Whether you’re a thriver, caregiver or a family member/friend, there are many ways you can use the Facebook platform to fundraise!
Facebook presents a wonderful opportunity to showcase your support for the Anal Cancer Foundation with your friends, who in return can learn about our work to end the suffering caused by this disease.
Raising funds through Facebook is simple and secure, for you and your donors. Also, you’re already connected to all your friends and family, making those donations asks even simpler! To help you out, we’ve included some ideas and tips below.
Ideas for Facebook Fundraisers:
- Celebrate your birthday or anniversary, and ask for donations to the Anal Cancer Foundation instead of gifts.
- Set yourself a challenge! Could you walk 30 miles in 30 days to help kick cancer’s ass? Could you run 100 miles?
- Keen cyclist? Could you cycle 250 miles in 30 days?!
Still thinking about what you could do? We’re here to discuss any ideas you have, so if you do feel stuck get in touch! We’re happy to help!
How to raise money for the Anal Cancer Foundation on facebook
- To get started, click the link above, or fundraisers on the left side of your Facebook newsfeed. When prompted to select non-profit, choose The HPV and Anal Cancer Foundation (this is our registered name).
- Set your goal, come up with a name, and timeframe for your campaign. Research indicates 1-2 weeks is best :-)
- Tell people WHY you are raising funds for our Foundation.
- Add photos and videos! Facebook is a visual platform.
- Share your campaign with your friends! If you’re undertaking a challenge, remember to post updates. Share photos, blogs, videos, strava stats of walks and runs.
- Once your campaign ends, remember to thank your supporters through your fundraiser feed!
- Let us know how your campaign went! We always love to hear from you, and to feature stories that will inspire others to help #kickcancersass!