With the New Year, come new possibilities for engagement and participation with the Anal Cancer Foundation. Many New Year’s resolutions come and go, but engaging with the foundation will have a lasting impact. We are extremely fortunate that so many of our community members reach out to us and ask, “How can I help?” At the foundation we have come up with a list of ways our community members can make a difference in the fight against cancer and HPV this year.
(1) Volunteer for the Peer to Peer Support Program. We will soon be launching our Peer to Peer Support Program. The program will provide anal cancer survivors and caregivers with one-on-one support from other anal cancer survivors and caregivers. Your participation in this program will have a lasting effect on those you connect with and you. To find out how you can participate, click here.
(2) Plan an event! Whether your event raises money or awareness, these efforts are vital to the fight against anal cancer and HPV. Please contact us if you are planning an anal cancer event in your community!
(3) Attend an Event! 2014 is shaping up to be an exciting year for the Foundation, and we look forward to meeting you! We have many events planned this year and would love to see you there! Stay up-to-date on Foundation happenings by subscribing to our newsletter and reading our blog.
(4) Donate. All of our programs and activities rely on the donations of our supporters. Your donation is making the difference!
(5) Sign a petition. Many members of the anal cancer communities have been working hard to bring change! Like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter to find out how you can lend your name to a worthy cause.
(6) Share with us – we want to hear your story! Yes, you! Share your experience with anal cancer with us. We are hoping to feature as many survivors, caregivers, activists and supporters as possible on our website, blog and social media in 2014!
(7) Refer a friend. The more the merrier! Tell your friends about us. The more people who know about HPV and anal cancer, the more we as a community are able to accomplish. There is strength in numbers.
No matter how you decide to participate with us, your efforts will have a ripple effect in the anal cancer community. We wish all of you the best of luck with your resolutions and look forward to working with you this year!