**UPDATE: Due to high interest, the application deadline has been extended from August 5 to August 12. The notification date has been extended from August 31 to September 9.
Program Overview and Statement of Purpose
The Anal Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2010, serves to provide support for patients and families, raise awareness about anal cancer and other human papillomavirus (HPV) associated malignancies, improve screening protocols and prevention methods, and develop drugs that will effectively treat HPV-associated cancers and precancers.
In keeping with these principles, the Foundation aims to support organizations in the basic science, clinical and public health fields relevant to anal and HPV-associated cancers. The primary goal of the Educational Grants Program is to provide resources for these organizations to use their expertise to inform the broader scientific, medical, and/or general public communities. Educational grants will seek to improve scientific or clinician competence, and/or raise awareness of the issues facing this community for the general public.
Applicant Organizations must be an academic, medical research institution, government or non-governmental organization in a non-profit setting. Individuals may apply for grants through applicant organization sponsors.
- Applicant’s demonstrated competency in the field;
- Educational proposal is novel and/or builds on current knowledge;
- Objectives are well conceived, realistic, and significant;
- Degree of commitment to supervise and train others during the proposed funding period;
- Project will contribute to the professional training and growth of the broader scientific and medical community and/or significantly raise awareness in the general public; and,
- Project will advance knowledge that will lead to improving the quality of life for current and future patients suffering from anal cancer or other HPV-associated malignancies.
July 6, 2011 Grant Announcement
August, 12 2011 Application Deadline*
September 9, 2011 Applicant Notified of Award**
*Due to high interest, the application deadline has been extended from August 5 to August 12.
** The applicant notification date has been extended from August 31 to September 9.
Grants will be reviewed by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Applicants will receive word on their application acceptance or denial within twenty-six days of due date.